Monday, January 5, 2015

Let's Get Back To It!!

If you're like me, you're thinking, "What happened to my glorious 2 weeks of uninterrupted fun time???" This break flew by and the teachers in my building returned to work today. Luckily for us, we had a full work day, which was great!

Tomorrow, the 5th graders return and I am so excited to see their smiling faces! I know that for many of them, the routine and structure of school is something they look forward to. And I, for one, will be glad for the routine and structure too. (Except the using the bathroom whenever I want part - that I will miss terribly!)

I am excited to get back, but I am also a huge procrastinator! Maybe some of you out there are like me?? Well, if you are, then I have a fun and easy activity to help get your class back into the swing of things - and, of course, it's FREE!

Check out my 3-2-1 New Year's Graphic Organizer:

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/3-2-1-New-Years-Graphic-Organizer-FREEBIE-473440

This is a simple and fun way to get kids thinking about their goals and aspirations for the coming year. I've used it several years in a row, and I love reading their thoughts!

I usually have them complete the graphic organizer on their own, and then grab a buddy to share a couple of ideas with. (This also gives kiddos who haven't thought of something a chance to hear from another person.)

After they are all done, they turn them in so I can read over them and make some encouraging and positive comments to get the year started right!

If you would like to grab this to use with your 5th grade friends (I've also used it with 3rd and 4th graders), just click the picture above to take you to my TPT store!

I hope you all had a wonderful, relaxing, FUN break and a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!


The Craft of Teaching

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments!