Thursday, August 14, 2014

Getting to Know You!

I love the first few days back to school! Even thought it's completely, utterly, mind-blowingly exhausting, there's something about the newness of everything that makes my heart happy.

I love new supplies. (I actually might have a problem. Intervention, anyone?)

New furniture arrangements. (Meaning the one I settle on after moving everything 15 times.)

New ideas to try. (Thank you TPT sale!!)

And of course, getting to know my new class of kiddos.

I love doing the fun get-to-know you games and team building activities. It's exciting to see how a new class interacts with each other and with you. It sets up the tone for the year and gives you insight on how to proceed.

And at the end of the week, we are ALL ready for bed. At 3:30.

I like to end the first week (or even the first day, depending on your preference) with an easy way for students (and myself) to reflect before heading out the door. This quick organizer asks kids to reflect on what went well and what questions they have, and it allows them to think ahead to something they are excited about.

One of my favorite things about this activity is that everyone can have their voice heard - even the kiddos who are still too shy to raise their hand or share their ideas.

Here is the 3-2-1 Back to School Graphic Organizer! Click the picture to take you over to my Teachers Pay Teachers store where you can download the first day and first week versions for free.

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/3-2-1-Back-to-School-Graphic-Organizer-849740

Have a great first week back, if you haven't started already!


The Craft of Teaching

1 comment:

We love comments!