Saturday, March 9, 2013

"The Ants Go MARCHing!"


"The Ants Go MARCHing"
As we welcomed the new month of March, the students were reminded of an old nursery school song, "The Ants Go Marching In." (Get it?!? - MARCHing) I decided to capitalize on the fun they were having and using it to review fundamental skills. We've been really drilling our parts of speech, so I created a worksheet where they categorize the words from the song lyrics:

Then I thought we could continue our mini-unit on ants (and get some excellent critical thinking and creative writing skill practice)





Leave a comment below:

What was your (or your child's) favorite nursery school song? I used to baby-sit my younger cousin a lot and her favorite was "Yankee Doodle." She sang is endlessly! :)


Hop on over to my blog to read more and access more freebies - plus I'm currently hosting a 100 Follower Giveaway! Click here to enter - contest ends TONIGHT (March 9th)



3 comments:

  1. You've got some WONDERFUL ideas posted here! Thanks for sharing. I teach Language Arts to 5/6th graders. I snagged your Ants packet to use with my fivers. This should definitely take the pain out of learning parts of speech.

    Please come visit my blog, The Teacher's Desk 6. I just started it after hosting a website for over 15 years.

    Angela
    The Teacher's Desk 6

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sheet on categorizing the parts of speech from a song they are familiar with or like. How creative! :)

    Shannon
    http://www.irunreadteach.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the ideas here! I'm the newest follower of this blog, is it a collaborative?

    ✿Sue✿
    Science for Kids Blog

    ReplyDelete

We love comments!