Saturday, October 4, 2014

An Apple A Day...Fall Freebie!


Is it really fall?? I can't believe how fast the school year is flying by...



Nichole here, from The Craft of Teaching! Fall is my favorite time of year for so many reasons. The weather, pumpkin EVERYTHING, and finally feeling like the year is in full swing top my list.

Another great part of fall around my classroom is making applesauce! Every year my wonderful mom gets a TON of apples from a neighbor's apple tree. She volunteers to come to my classroom, bring the apples and help the kids make crockpot applesauce! You can check out my previous applesauce posts {here} and {here}.

I am a very lucky girl.

Even 5th graders love observing their fresh apples, writing apple poems and making the applesauce!


This activity always ends up being one of the favorites from the whole year, and kids LOVE how the applesauce makes the room smell and how it tastes.

Favorite applesauce quote from this year? "I will never eat regular applesauce again! I'm only eating FRESH applesauce!" 

This fun fall freebie includes the 5 Senses Graphic Organizer, Crock Pot Applesauce recipe and very general directions on how I do this in my classroom. Enjoy!

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/An-Apple-A-Day-Writing-Activity-475429


I would love to see how others use this in their classrooms! Make sure to drop me a line if you do!

http://craftofteaching.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments!